Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Radio Ramblings...


* If you're a first time reader of this blog, a follower/subscriber, or if you're simply passing through - thank you for checking me out! I genuinely appreciate it. If the tone of my posts seem more negative than positive, well - they are. I'm an angry, bitter, broke bitch. I will continue to use this blog as a form of release. Welcome to my world.

* Nina Chantele, a very talented and deserving on air talent from Chicago was recently named 1/3 of 'THE MORNING RIOT', WGCI's brand new local morning show. The crazy part is, she will continue to host her midday show on WKSC. My estimation is that she probably working 8 plus hours on air. Should I send her congratulatory flowers or should I fly to Chi-town to punch her in the throat for allowing Clear Channel to pimp her? (but seriously...I'm really happy for her....but damn)

* Mister Cee @ Hot 97 is the most SLEPT ON radio DJ of ALL TIME. He's the ONLY reason why I would ever turn on a radio again. Which reminds me...why doesn't Hot 97 stream so that I can hear him everyday?

* About 2 years ago, Raqiyah Mays was a struggling part time talent begging for ANYBODY to give her a shot at a full time opportunity. Now she can be heard from 12AM-10AM Monday thru Friday on WRKS. She even works on Saturday. Raqiyah, don't be surprised if they ask you to do the GMs laundry next. Don't forget to separate the reds. (da'fuck is wrong with you?)

* Where in the hell is the union and are they being paid off?

* Where's Maria More?

* Whatever happened to Melissa Summers?

* Does Cathy Hughes sleep well at night?

* Does Ricky Smiley truly have a following?

* I have applied for 172 jobs over the past year. From gas station attendant to radio station general manager...no one has responded.

* After being rejected for Medicaid and literally bursting into tears right in the office, this lady slipped me her business card and told me that she would help me reapply. Apparently, she works for Medicaid. She insisted that she would get me approved because "all I have to do is lie".

* I wonder when will karma catch up with Elroy Smith? Does he still have a love affair with R Kelly?

* I hated Miss Jones on the radio...but now that she's gone, I miss her.

* Where's KJ Holiday?

* I used to have a ton of friends in the industry. Now that I'm unemployed, I just realized that I have NO friends.

* I heard that Crazy Howard McGee, formerly of WGCI is managing a Harold's Chicken restaurant in Chicago. How about I'm not mad at him.

* I wonder how much Michael Baisden is making?

* According to some random study, internet radio listening is at an all time high. Perhaps it's time to explore my options?

* My bank account just hit the under $1000 mark. I'm seriously in trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Venting is good for the soul. The medicaid story is beyond f**ked up.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis