Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Sincerest Apologies...

I started out this blog with such a BANG -then I disappeared into oblivion. I'm really sorry. Truth of the matter is, I'm still unemployed - and it's literally killing me. A lot of sleepless nights...random heart palpitations and countless tears. Feeling this way doesn't exactly allow me to have a clear mind nor a desire to blog. I've applied to nearly every station from east to west coast and literally contacted everyone that I know in the industry. My efforts have been unsuccessful. Some days, I seriously don't know if I'm coming or going.

A few random thoughts:

* I still haven't noticed radio react to the rapid changes in the industry as it relates to technology. Why don't they just kill themselves already?

* Barry Mayo's salary has been publicly released via a recent SEC filing. $500,000 per year and a 50K raise next year. Sham.Fucking.Wow.

* I tried to warn y'all that the DL Morning Show was coming. It is the most God awful show I've ever heard. Why do they have 30 people on the mic? Why is the most experienced cast member the newsguy? Why must DL comment after every.fucking.comment? Can Bob do the news without you interjecting every 2 seconds? He's like that little annoying kid in class with ADD. And furthermore, you're not funny. Never has been. Never will be.

* Skip Dillard? What the fuck are you doing up there? Seriously? Salt and Pepa? Chubb Rock? The 90 year old Jeff Fox? I should get one of my 'boys' to kick your azz on GP....just because.

* A huge FUCK YOU to all of my so-called friends in the industry. Wanna find out how many TRUE friends you have in the world? Try asking them for a job or a recommendation. I've received a hardcore reality check. Do me a favor....seriously. Don't even show up at my funeral. Fake azz bastards.

* I made contact with some folks @ Oprah radio. They said they would call...but never did. I'm hurt...but at least I made that initial contact. I actually feel like I've accomplished something.

* KDAY in Los Angeles removed all of their syndicated programming. Hooray. Now go and program that station correctly and most importantly, make it work!

* The Brian McKnight show with Lenny Green sounds really gay. Maybe some women enjoy hearing 2 men go back and forth, talking all soft spoken and shit about irrelvant topics...but I don't. I hear that the ratings for the daypart in New York have really hit bottom. That's good for y'all sorry azzes. That was a dumb idea to begin with.

* There have been a bunch of "pick our next radio personality" contests lately. Particularly @ WPGC in DC and POWER 99 in Philly. More stupidity...although I would have definitely taken part at a shot to get a paycheck. Kashon nor Robert returned calls although I know them both very well. Both of y'all can kiss my azz on a hot, sweaty day.

* And on that note, Miss Jones has officially secured the morning show spot on Power 99 in Philly.


Although she's bit much to handle in person....I am really happy for her. She's pretty good on the mic. Love her or hate her....she knows how to do compelling radio.

* We all have a love hate relationship with Wendy Williams. Call her what you want, she is the Queen Pimp. She has successfully pimped the game. If the TV show was cancelled tomorrow, she would be ok. I'm proud of that chick. With her crazy azz.

* Charlemange The God has been doing exceptionally well @ 100.3 in Philly. A part of me can't help to wonder if Elroy is in his office pulling his hair out. (figurately speaking) Elroy likes manufactured, feel good, corny azz radio personalities that he can control. (hence the Miss Jones' firing) The God doesn't seem like "that dude". Elroy also will secretly wish death to anyone who says anything negative about his boyfriend, R Kelly. This will be interesting to watch. *sidebar* - Elroy...you can kiss my ass too. I'm thinking about writing a book about what a fraud you are.

* Instead of doing the writing....I've been doing a lot of reading. Urbaninsite used to be the shit. For some reason, they've fallen off. I used to spend hours on that site...and now on most days, I forget to even check in. Seems as though they have forgotten to stay relevant. They have let other sources of industry news sneak in through the backdoor. (hmmmmm....sounds like the state of the radio industry. How ironic.)

-UrbanRadioNation
- Great site. Again, comparing it to radio.....it's totally ok to be personal and editorialize at times. That's how you connect with your audience. It feels like an ACTUAL person it writing the blog. Love it. He's been slippin' up a little bit with regards to the timeliness of the news....but he makes up for it with the quality of posts. I don't understand why people don't leave more comments though.

-RadioFacts - I visit the site daily...but Kevin Ross the owner can really be a pig at times. He's horny and it shows. Will somebody please give this dude some azz? He always figures out a way to interject some stupid ass comment about a chick's azz or who he would or wouldn't "fook". Stick to the Radio Facts please. Kev....don't get cute and try to respond to me either. You owe me $150 from 10 years ago for writing for your publication. I still have the bullshit azz e-mail with the compensation agreement and will scan it for the world to see...with your lying azz.

-AllAccess.Com - I've been actively logging on to this website for over 10 years. What can I say? They are simply marvelous.

Well.....I guess that's it for now. Again...I'm sorry for the MIA status. I hope things get better soon. Pray for your sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis