Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Free From Envy....




Or shall I say, Free to Envy?

Just wanted to take the time to show my appreciation for Joe @ UrbanRadioNation. You be on it. :D Your latest blog about DJ Envy leaving Hot 97 got me thinking....

Do you ever truly think about how social networking has impacted us? Think about it. I used to constantly refresh my computer screen over on UrbanInsite, RRonline & AllAccess, anxiously awaiting all the news about new hires, promotions, relocations, station promotions & firings. Today, it aint even necessary to go the news for the news. Envy announced on Twitter that he's leaving Hot 97. Crazy.

So, you know me. After I heard the news, I went fishing. Although Envy really isn't considered a major player on Hot, I still couldn't help but to wonder why he would walk away. You see, people love being associated with Hot 97. Hot 97 is synonymous with Hip Hop. Hell, just being an intern at Hot can potentially boost you to the next level. (ask Tracy Cloherty) So why would Envy walk away? Especially since he was getting paid a full time salary to work in a part time capacity. (don't ask me how I know)

Word on the street is that DJ Envy will go over to Power 105.1 as the new afternoon host. This is what I heard YESTERDAY. And then, whattya know....this morning, Free tweets (there goes that Twitter again) that today will be her last day. (thanks for the tip MSW) My prediction: Mahlika will move to mornings to replace Free...and Envy will take afternoons.


Radio is truly getting more and more interesting by the minute. Sidebar - They called DJ Envy -DJ Envy for a reason. He's a DJ. A freaking DJ. You know....one of those dudes who spins in a club? Don't get me wrong.....he is definitely one of the sweetest guys I know. He's a father, a loving husband and a serious hustler. He has lots and lots of money. He owns his own home, drives nice car(s) and isn't anywhere near thugdom. Just a sweetiepie. But radio personality - he is not. I won't list the reasons now. I'm off to a damn doctor's appointment. Never made it to my 10.00 an hour interview....because I got bad news from the OB GYN yesterday. I will spare you the details...but I have officially worried myself into a medical condition that may require surgery. (fuckin' great)

The bullshit never, ever ends and I'm starting to find it funny. I have to laugh to keep from crying.

Good luck Envy. I aint hatin' on ya.

PS- I e-mailed Cadillac Jack (the PD) about 6 times over the past 1.5 years...and I never got a reply. Even with all of my experience. Comedy.



EDITED TO ADD - 7 seconds after I submitted this blog, my friend e-mailed me to tell me that Envy is the new afternoon host at Power. Malikka Mahlette (sp?) is moving to mornings to replace Free. wow.

2 comments:

  1. Love your site. You should also know that if you are not kissing Doc Wynter's ass,there is a good chance you will never work for CC!! Just watch his hands........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the warning...because I was just about to start stalking him again. I guess I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis