Monday, November 30, 2009

DL Hughley FINALLY Says Something Hilarious!

Taken from RadioInfo.Com

The comedian took on the “Kiss 98.7” morning role only this Summer. But just about 10 days ago (November 19) he dropped in on the syndicated Tom Joyner Morning Show, hinting that while Tom may be “getting paid” to work, D.L. isn’t. Hughley jokes that he’s been doing a movie to make money, because radio wasn’t paying him. Last week he was on vacation from WRKS, with Boyz II Men hosting. But he’s back today – and this T-R-I Newsletter suspects the folks at WRKS owner Emmis will be listening extra-hard to see just what he says on the air.

Oh-No-he-didn't

This C list, UNFUNNY negro was HANDED a morning show on a platinum platter - with NO radio experience - in the # 1 RADIO MARKET - and he's over there on the TJMS talking smack about not getting paid? Whoooooo Lawdy. I can GUARANTEE that his salary is more than what most EXPERIENCED personalities are getting paid now days and his ungrateful azz is on a syndicated radio program trying to be slick at the mouth?? Wow. Furthermore, has he been in the seat 6 months yet? Has he shown and proven himself to be a force to be reckoned with in NY morning radio and therefore is DESERVING of a big fat pay increase?

Just imagine for a split second what would happen to my black azz if I got on a national stage talking crap about my employer and my pay scale. I would have been standing on the unemployment line like THAT SAME DAY.

I can't help but wonder about how hard DL works prior to each airshift. Does he come in an hour or two early to prep? Does he pick up a newspaper to see what's going on in that big ole' city of New York? Does he bring fresh, innovative ideas to the table? Does he personally answer text messages & e-mails from listeners? Does he have a facebook or twitter page? Does he blog? Does he upload a few video every now and then to YouTube in a effort to generate a little interest about himself, his co- hosts or the radio station even? Does he know when ratings are published and is he eager to find out how he's doing so that he can make improvements where necessary? Does he even KNOW what PPM is? Does he make a conscious effort to do something that his competition Steve Harvey CAN'T do....which is BE LOCAL? Does he meet with the PD for aircheck sessions on a weekly basis? Does this negro know ANYTHING about doing a compelling morning show?

Probably not. Just give him a couple of millions of dollars for basically SUCKING. That's all.

Emmis Communications - -I truly believe you guys deserve each other. This is what y'all get for hiring this fool. I hope he continues on this rampage...and I hope it spills over onto the WRKS airwaves.


PS- My production friend tells me that when Boys II Men sat in last week, it wasn't even live. The whole thing was prerecorded. They sat there for a few days, talked about having Spam for Thanksgiving and played Boys II Men songs all morning. THIS is what radio has turned into. Amazing.

PPS- I'm going for an interview tomorrow for a job that pays $10.00 an hour. Reminder: I used to make $4,000 every two weeks. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

ShareThis