Saturday, March 7, 2009

?1995-2009? R.I.P.

My feet became my carriage.
My hands became my guide.
My eyes became my vision.
My voice became my cry.

And though no one could see me
They listened as if they could.
And all the time I cherished
The moments where we stood.
In times of sometimes danger
In times of sometimes war.
I soothed their worn-out spirits.
I soothed them from afar.

It wasn’t such a challenge
That I could not control.
The early morning wake-ups,
The passion in my soul.

I gave it all my best shot
I gave it what I could.
And now I’ve done my duty.
For you, my neighborhood.

Life, now beholds a treasure
Of what we all have shared.
It’s not how long I’ve known you.
It’s just because I cared.
-Anonymous

Urban radio has been really, really sick for over a decade. (maybe longer) I have recently come to the realization that the illness was terminal and there's no cure. I did all that I could do to heal him....but nothing worked. Additionally, there were many, MANY people who purposely attempted to prevent me from nursing him back to health. My efforts have made me tired and weary and I think I'm ready to give up on him altogether.

This blog is dedicated to my 10 + year radio career. I have enough stories to make your head spin and I'm going to literally explode if I don't get it out. I'm sure that this blog is going to make a few folk angry - - because the truth hurts - but I hope that it will also inspire someone, somewhere, somehow. After all, that's all I set out to do when I got into radio in the first place. Thanks in advance for taking the ride with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis